Checkers is a Shoprite owned FMCG retailer that operates in Southern African. The grocery chain focuses more on wide variety of food items and fresh produce. It has a 37 Checkers Hypers and 202 Checkers supermarkets operating in South Africa, Namibia and Botswana.
- Planning and organizing the medium and long-term activities of the branch .
- Monitoring stock.
- Completing the in-house training programme.
- Identifying and solving problems relating to customers, staff and equipment.
- Taking full responsibility for branch success from a profit-loss perspective .
- Ensuring that set targets are achieved.
- Managing staff.
- Staff management
- Stock management
- Floor-walk management
- Report analysis
- Trading premises maintenance
- Budget and target achievement
- Customer query / complaints resolution
Essential : Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or equivalent (with Maths and English)
Desirable : Retail-related tertiary qualification
- 2 years or more experience in an FMCG retail outlet
- Product knowledge
- Branch systems knowledge
- Stock management
- Branch reports
- Computer literacy
- The ability to plan and organize projects and events from start to finish
- Financial management skills
- A good command of spoken and written English
- Deciding and initiating action
- Leading and supervising
- Planning and organizing
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Following instructions and procedures
- Coping with pressures and setbacks
Applicant Feedback Policy
Shoprite endeavors to provide feedback to all candidates whenever possible. However, if you do not hear from one of our Recruiters within 30 days, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible.Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals.